Dream Weave Fusible®
When adding embroidery to your most delicate fabrics such as silk, satin, lame or chamois, you can experieince shredding. This occurs because the fragile fibers of the fabric are not capable of handling the constant penetration of the needle during the embroidery process. This can also occur in fabrics such as Swiss Batiste, top quality quilt cottons and linen, Lycra or spandex which are often used in dance uniforms or bathing suits. By fusing Floriani Dream Weave Fusible® to the back of the fabric it helps to protect the fabric by giving it more body yet doesn't change the face or drape of the fabric. This product can also be used as a lining in all types of fabrics for suits or garment construction. It is important to remember that Dream Weave is not a stabilizer. It is a very important step to prepping or preparing delicate fabrics for embroidery. Another great use for Floriani Dream Weave® is to cover scratchy stitches on the backside of embroidery designs. This is especially nice for baby garments, youth apparel or golf shirts. Because it is a 6 way stretch, Dream Weave® will move with the garment and won't add unwanted bulk.
• Creates a bond with delicate fabrics without changing the face or drape of the fabric
• Fuse over the back of an embroidery design to cover scratchy stitches.
• Keeps fabric from raveling or shredding during the embroidery or stitching process
Floriani's Dream Weave (Fusible) Product Identity
FDWB Black 30" x 3 yds
FDW White 30" x 3 yds
FDWu - Ultra -30" x 3 yes
To use Floriani Dream Weave Fusible®:
1. Cut a piece of Dream Weave® at least one inch larger than the embroidery design area.
2. Place the fusible side (rough side) to the wrong side of the fabric and press using a low temp, dry iron (silk setting) **It is necessary to use a pressing cloth or sheet between the iron and the interfacing.
3. Using the appropriate stabilizer in addition to the Dream Weave®, embroider the garment.
4. If desired, after the embroidery is complete, fuse one layer of the Dream Weave® over the back of the design to keep it from scratching your skin.